1. Where did you grow up?
I grew up just outside Dublin, Ireland in a place called Ashbourne. It’s a small enough town so tend to head towards the city center for spending free time.
02. What’s your favourite pub and why?
I like the Haggerston in Dalston. Its a great place to spend a Saturday evening. Also friends with the barman so cheap beers which really helps.
03. Where do you find your inspiration?
Old print work a lot, record sleeves and cartoons from my youth. Pinterest is convenient but if possible I will try to look further afield.
04. What tune would you put on at a party and why?
Gimme The Loot – Biggie
I like to play gangster
05. Are you a dog or a cat person?
Dog 100 times over. My parents own a french bulldog called Alf who’s a great little dog.
06. What’s the best thing about working at First Image?
Everyone is so helpful and made me feel very at home and at ease from day one. I like the quality of the work which comes out of the studio. It’s a great job!
07. What are your top three favourite cities?
Dublin, Berlin and London (wahay)
08. How do you like to spend a Saturday?
Seeing friends and exploring London when the weather allows me too. Looking forward to the weather improving so I can go further afield.
09. What aspects of design interest you most?
I really like to work with type. But mainly image making and so on. I really enjoy experimenting and trying out new processes/ways of working. I try to make time for myself to do this as I find it important for a young designer to stay fresh. I really do enjoy most parts of my job!
10. What’s your favourite childhood TV program?
The Simpsons 100%. Watched the bulk of season 5 last weekend it never gets old and tired (new episodes are no use)
11. Hand drawn or digital?
Small sketch or two then onto digital usually would like to get some hand drawn work in soon.
13. What’s been your best experience since joining the team?
I really enjoyed my birthday meal in Chinatown, thanks for that guys! I also think it was great to see the process behind and even work on a small part of the NME awards title videos.
14. And most importantly what’s your favourite food?
Thanks Cian and welcome to the team!